Sunday, January 16, 2011

Queensland Flood Relief Appeal Auctions

We have had so such rain and there is flooding not only in Queensland but also in NSW and Victoria. Some of them have experienced it more than once in recent months.

Toni from Make it Perfect has organised the QLD Flood Appeal Auctions.
To help out, I am including two hand woven scarves.


Scarf A:
Colour and weave pure wool scarf
Colour: black and white
size: approx. 13 in (33cm) wide, 52 in (132 cm) long with 6 in (15cm) fringes


Scarf B:
Collapse weave pure wool scarf
Colour: black and white
Size: approx. 3.5 in (9cm) wide, 62 in (160 cm) long with 5 in (12cm) fringes


This is how it works:
1. Bidding starts at $80 (Australian) for each scarf.
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Please nominate which scarf you are bidding for.
4. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
5. This auction is open to everyone. Postage is FREE worldwide.
6. The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
7. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post the scarf to you.
8. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!
 
Don't forget that as you are paying directly into the appeal fund, you can also ask for a receipt for tax purposes!
 
Also check out Make it Perfect for other auctions. 
 

10 comments:

shipbuilding said...

Gorgeous weaving - I love the collapsed weave scarf : )

Good luck!

Virginia A. Spiegel said...

I bid $50 on the Colour and weave scarf. Gorgeous!

Meg said...

The top one. I love the top one. Someone give me A$80. Or more.

Meg said...

Though we've been hearing in the news that you might need to start up a Victorian Flood Relief Appeal... I hope at least your side stays relatively dry.

Virginia A. Spiegel said...

I bid $100 for Scarf A. Colour and Weave. Thanks!

sampling said...

Thank you so much Virginia for the bid! I really appreciate your support.

baukje said...

I bid for scarf A , looks lovely and for a good cause!!!!! Greetings from France

sampling said...

Thank you Baukje,can you please state the amount you are bidding?
All your help is very much appreciated!

baukje said...

I am so sorry <I forgot the ammount, thanks for reminding me. I bid $110.

Virginia A. Spiegel said...

I bid $125 for scarf Number 1 - Colour and Weave