I am not great at keeping records and as I was trying to use yarns and warps that were on hand, I could not remember how much black warp was on the loom. I knew that I had about 2m of the coloured warp and that I wanted the horizontal plane change over at about the halfway mark. As I kept weaving, I noticed that there was not that much black warp left on the back beam. This is a bit of designing on the run, so I made the horizontal layer change and hoped for the best.
There was enough coloured warp left to give a decent length scarf so I decided to keep weaving. As the warps were on 2 different back beams, I could cut the black warp off and continued weaving until I ran out of the coloured warp as well.
I washed the piece in hot water by hand, and then rinsed and spun dry in the washing machine, hoping that the silk stainless yarn will do its thing and crinkle up. I can not describe my exictement when I got it out of the machine and it worked to my expectations!
I am pleased with the results and will definitely develop this idea/concept further.
Thanks, Meg for organising this, Esmae for sending me the picture and Kaz for leaving behind the demo warp from the ikat workshop!