Saturday, December 18, 2010

Keep calm and keep weaving

In this period when it is sometimes called the 'silly season', it is nice to focus on something that is set up already. All I have to do is wind the bobbins and weave.

When I am weaving, the frenzy of Christmas approaching is somehow forgotten. I can put the multiple batches fruit cakes in the oven and forget about them for a couple of hours. No thoughts of shopping malls, supermarkets, etc. Just the shuttles going from side to side, and making sure that I have not crossed over the weft yarns so that the 2 layers remain separate on the edge.



For the black layer, the weft is of the same cotton. For the coloured layer, I am using a single strand of Avril's silk stainless steel in black. It will be interesting when wet finished whether there will be any textural changes.

1 comment:

Donyale said...

I think I need to get me loom out.....